Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I ALSO bought this thinking this was travel insurance in case I needed to change my flight. I bought 2 r/t tickets for my husband and I to fly home to NY for Christmas.

We just moved to Colorado and aren’t used to holiday flying with no idea the costs of flights go up so much during the holidays. In any case, my husband found out he had to work in Christmas Day mandatory shift work so I cancelled the flights and booked a different date myself leaving Christmas Eve to be with him for part of Christmas. I was surprised to see that I had to file a claim which I did and received an email determination a few days later denying reimbursement. I spent nearly $1,200!!!

As it is, I had to quit my job to move to Colorado because my husband’s company relocated us. I was dying to see family during Christmas and bit the bullet soending the higher cost out of home sickness. Being one salary down, we really didn’t need to lose that much money like throwing it out of the window. I nearly threw up when I read that determination and re-read the fine print.

Basically unless you are severely sick and hospitalized or die, jury duty you’re covered but that’s it. If I die, I could care less. Many people think flight protection includes flight changes. Ultimately it’s my fault for not reading the fine print.

Booking another flight on top of the original ones made my credit card go past it’s limit because I assumed I’d get credited back. I just wanted to see my 85 year old mother and friends for the holidays as I’m homesick and now I’m enduring financial hardship. These people could care less. As for the airline industry, consumers don’t have an advocate to help them out.

We are now used to no meals, paying to check a bag and the latest, paying for carry ons. And during major holidays, my 2 r/t tickets normally $400 turned into $1,200 or else stay home to brood without family or friends. What a scam this is with many fallling for it, paying and not clicking the link to read this legalese fine print! I guess I deserve what I get for assuming travel insurance is travel insurance.

Travel insurance is nothing. It sure was expensive enough to fool me into thinking it was something, but it was nothing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aon Travel Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments